Burr & Forman LLP is a century old, full-service law firm with a forward-thinking approach to providing legal solutions. We have nearly 300 attorneys and offices in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee. Burr & Forman offers a wide range of business and litigation services to diverse clients with local, national, and international interests.
Burr at a Glance
Burr & Forman is proud of the many significant achievements and accomplishments made by the lawyers in our firm. Here are some of the honors that we have received:
- Listed on the national “BTI Client Service A-Team 2012” list, a survey based on client rankings of law firms delivering superior client service
- Best Lawyers named 6 Burr partners “Lawyers of the Year” for 2013: John Debuys, Birmingham “Land Use & Zoning Lawyer of the Year”; John Morrow, Birmingham “Transportation Law Lawyer of the Year”; Marion Quina, Jr, Mobile “Admiralty & Maritime Lawyer of the Year”; William Wasden, Mobile, “Labor Law-Management Lawyer of the Year”; Lawrence Ahern, Nashville “Litigation-Bankruptcy Lawyer of the Year”; and Davidson Broemel, Nashville, “Insurance Law Lawyer of the Year.”
- Selected as a “Top Ranked Law Firm” by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 90 Lawyers listed in The Best Lawyers in America
- 62 Lawyers named to Alabama, Mid-South, Florida & Georgia Super Lawyers
- 25 Lawyers named to Alabama Rising Stars
- 4 Lawyers named to Florida’s Rising Stars
- 3 Lawyers named to Georgia Rising Stars
- 1 Lawyer named to Mid-South Rising Stars
- 39 Lawyers recognized in Chambers USA
- Named by American Lawyer Media to the “AmLaw 200” as one of the nation’s top 200 law firms
- Named to The National Law Journal’s “NLJ 250” list of the nation’s top law firms
- Named by Southern Business & Development magazine as one of the “Top 10 Law Firms that Understand Economic Development”
- Selected as a “Go-To Law Firm for Litigation” by American Lawyer Media
- Selected as a “Go-To Law Firm” for Financial Services Companies by American Lawyer Media
- Selected as a “Go-To Law Firm” for Technology Companies by American Lawyer Media
- Selected in Fortune Magazine’s “Go-To Law Firms of the World’s Leading Companies”
- Listed as one of Inc Magazine’s 500/5000 fastest growing private companies in America.
- Received top ranking by Chambers USA in Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy & Restructuring, Corporate/Commercial, Labor & Employment, Litigation: General Commercial and Real Estate in Alabama
- Received top ranking by Chambers USA in Banking & Finance and Bankruptcy & Restructuring in Georgia
- Named among the “Best Places to Work” by the Atlanta Business Chronicle and Birmingham Business Journal.
- Recognized as a “Healthiest Employer” by the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Birmingham Business Journal, Nashville Business Journal and the Orlando Business Journal
- Cox Media Group’s “Outstanding Female Attorney”, April Mason, 2012
- Orlando Partner Denise Dell-Powell listed in Florida Trend’s Legal Elite for 2012.
Burr & Forman is distinguished by its exceptional client relationships.
Commit. As a firm, we commit our time, our talent, and our resources to delivering results for our clients. We work hard to understand what our clients need; we devote ourselves to ensuring that our clients have what they need to reach their own ambitious goals.
Inform. At Burr, we understand more than the law. We work to understand our clients’ businesses; to understand the economic, political, financial, and technological developments that affect their goals. We inform ourselves so that we can more effectively serve our clients. It’s a never-ending process, but as a result, we are more than a law firm; we are valued advisors.
Involve. At Burr, we are participants. We give of our talents, not just to serve our clients, but to better the communities in which we live. Our professional, civic, and charitable actions also add to our breadth of knowledge and understanding.
Collaborate. It is in our nature to work together. We collaborate with clients, offering our experience and our effort to ensure that they succeed. We also collaborate within the firm, working across practice and industry groups to give our clients access to more diverse skills. It’s a practice that is both more effective for our clients and healthier for our firm.
At Burr & Forman, we dedicate our collaborative energy to making significant contributions to our client and community relationships.
Burr & Forman in the Community
Burr & Forman, as a practice and attorneys, is seriously involved in the communities in which we live and work.